Congratulations on your engagement! It’s the BEST feeling isn’t it!?!
Have you finished celebrating yet? I’ve been engaged since May last year and I swear we’re still celebrating with different people each weekend (pre-corona virus).
You and your other half love exploring new places and trying new things. You’re not into the traditional wedding-vibe. You want your wedding day to be more focused on how much fun you can squeeze into one day?! Or your planning the most epic weekend wedding ever?! You want it to be a personal, relaxed affair with SO many shenanigans am I right?!
I think we’d get on just fine!
1) So why not start your personalisation with some gorgeous photos on your save the dates, invites, website or/and guestbook! I’ve had one couple use one for their wedding Facebook group cover photo. Which is also a fab idea if you want to keep your guests up to date on your plans/harassing them to RSVP or pick their meal.
2) It’s so easy to get caught up amongst the planning of your big day. This is a great opportunity to do some wedmin without feeling like you’re doing the wedmin! So, let’s go on an adventure either in a park or somewhere in the City itself!
3) A great chance to get some beautiful photos of you spending some quality time together. On your wedding day I don’t want to keep you from your guests any longer than you need to be. I usually steal you for 5/10 minutes twice during your day, but it is up to you how long and how many times that happens – I’m flexible (with my times not my body).
4) Most people haven’t been photographed by a professional photographer before and if they have it was for their school photo. We’ll have absolutely none of those stiff – ‘I don’t want to be here’ grins on your engagement shoot. You’ll get more comfortable in front of my camera so you’ll know what to expect on your wedding day.
5) It’ll help you get to know me and we can make sure we get along. I’ll be the vendor you spend the most time with on your wedding day. The better I know you beforehand the more of an enthusiastic guest I can become! You can ask all the questions you may have and I can give you some advice in other areas if you’re having some problems figuring something out.
6) You’ll get used to the fact you DON’T need to pose! I don’t want you to pose – we aren’t fashion models and this photoshoot isn’t going to change that – nor would I want it to. By spending time in front of the camera you’ll get used to just being yourself. The final result will DEFINITELY confirm that you do look good on a screen.
7) You’ll be able to look back on when your wedding day REALLY began, perfect for your wedding album! Or decorating your home! It’s crazy the amount of things you can personalise with photos now.
If I’ve not persuaded you yet then here’s a link to my engagement gallery! The next blog post will be what to expect so make sure you keep your eyes peeled!